SLIDER

Taking a Sick Day

Monday, October 14, 2013

My afternoon...
Homemade ravioli class...manga, manga!!! It felt so GOOD to get out and enjoy learning something new with a girlfriend. As a new mother I need this, and I deserve it. That's what I keep telling myself. ;)


My night...
Started with a gooey eye and ended with being covered in thrown up milk. When your child is not 100%, everything shuts down. No one or nothing matters more then the health of your little one. We snuggled and soothed Sawyer until he fell asleep. In the morning we went to the doctor and found out since his tear ducts are still developing he needs drops for his eye (just the one with goo), nose needs suctioning (of boogers...joy :/), and he has acid reflex. All normal for a newborns. Now I can wipe the sweat off my brow and rest easy tonight.

That summed up our Sunday. I leave you with a super yummy and easy fall dinner idea. I know it's simple because after all that it's what was for dinner tonight (it's Monday btw)! It looked gourmet and took under 30 minutes. Beat that Racheal Ray (whom I adore by the way)!






Trader Joe's Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli in a Brown Butter Sage Sauce
Yield: 4 servings

2 containers of Trader Joe's Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli

4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh sage, plus about 8 leaves

Instructions:
Cook ravioli according to the directions on the container.

To make the sauce melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in sherry vinegar, chopped sage, and sage leaves. Add reserved cooking water as needed to thin sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.

To serve:  Pour hot sauce over ravioli and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately and ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment