SLIDER

Girlfriends Brunch & Gift Exchange

Monday, December 8, 2014


Every year around Christmas I get together with my girlfriends for a holiday brunch and gift exchange. One friend hosts the party and we all bring food and a wrapped present. This year I brought Millon Dollar Bacon to the table. It's bacon and baked slathered in a mixture of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, red pepper, and ground black pepper. It's the perfect mix of salty, sweet, and a whole lotta heat! Think candied bacon.

Instead of getting each person a small gift we pool our money and buy one nice present and exchange them white elephant style. We always have a theme and this year was GIRLS NIGHT OUT! I felt so inspired and put together this package for one lucky lady.

This would also be the perfect gift at a bachelorette party, girlfriend's birthday, or just to brighten someone's day. It would also be fun to switch up the color. Paint the town purple, pink, or how about glitter! You could match wedding colors, or your friend's personality. Download your free "Paint the Town Red" tag here.

Winner of most steals of the day was this perfectly put together gift. It contained:  Corona Light (or add your favorite beer), Lime, Girl's Night Out Party Mix, Alka-Seltzer, ibuprofen (love my friends sense of humor), nail polish, and a travel size perfume. Not only was this clever, but it has mass appeal.


I always bring a small present for the hostess of the event. I gifted a marbled clay ring dish. The original blog post with DIY instructions can be found here. I am a sucker for a good craft. I had so much fun making these little dishes I created one for all the girls.



I wrapped each gift in black paper and hand-lettered with a chalkboard pen personalized gift tags. I love adding a handmade touch to my gifts. I also cut a small sprig of rosemary and attached it with some glittery tape to make my packages festive.



Do you and your friends have any holiday traditions? I would love to hear about them.

No comments :

Post a Comment