SLIDER

We Bought a Home!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Last week we got the official word that our offer was excepted on our dream home! I didn't let myself really fall for this house, but now I am swooning. We are coming from a historic home to new construction. What I loved about the house was all the little touches the builder put on it. We were lucky enough to happen upon a spec home built by a master carpenter. He worked with an interior designer to make a one of a kind home. Mixing traditional and modern elements. It's a little of where we came from...a craftsman bungalow to where we want to go...a modern family home.


In our last house you stepped right into the family room. I have always wanted something more formal. A place to take off your shoes, hang your coat, and drop your keys. This really feels like home. Hand-scraped hardwoods are going in this week.


I love all the details in this house. Below this beautiful ceiling is an area to put a small bench to wait for someone to pick you up or take your shoes off if it's raining.


The spindles are painted white now and the railings are a darker wood with a gray hue. I can't believe that I have a railing...a two story home! We could never afford this house in California. Truly thankful.


This kitchen is going to be the place our family spends a lot of time. A great place to make meals, cookies with Sawyer and have family gatherings. The backsplash is going to be white subway tile with a herringbone pattern above the stove (swoon). It's hard to tell from this photo, but the cabinetry has a slight gray hue to it. It's really unlike anything I have seen and is throughout the house.

Since the builder is not finished with our home we are lucky enough to pick some of the finishings. My favorite item I have a hand in choosing is the slab going in the kitchen. I really want two different stones or materials to be involved. One on the island and the other on the rest of the kitchen. I like the look of marble, but not the upkeep. I'm thinking Bianco Romano granite to get me close to the look I am trying to achieve. I'm not sure about the other material.

Stay tuned for more photos on the house or check out my Dream Home Pin board for now. I'm posting like crazy getting ideas for decorating. Tomorrow I get to meet with the Interior Designer to go over finishing touches. I am so excited to see the progress made on the house. I feel so lucky we get to live here.

No comments :

Post a Comment